Recipe and image courtesy of BerryWorld.
BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream.
A perfect winter party dessert, this cranberry roulade looks fabulous, festive and fun. Fresh and light, the tartness of the cranberries compliments the sweetness of the meringue beautifully.
Plus it’s quick to make and can be frozen, making easy entertaining simple.
How To Make A BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For The Meringue:
- 5 eggs whites
- 275g caster sugar
- 50g flaked almonds
For The Filling:
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100g caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of half an orange
- 300ml double cream
- 3 tbsps Cointreau
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6. Line a 35cmx23cm Swiss roll tin with lightly greased baking parchment.
2. Whisk the egg whites until very stiff, then gradually add the sugar. Spread the meringue into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the almonds.
3. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 160°C / Gas Mark 3 and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn almond side down on to a sheet of baking parchment, allow to cool.
4. To make the filling, place the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar, orange juice and zest and simmer until softened and syrupy. Then take off the heat and allow to cool.
5. When ready to assemble whisk the cream and the Cointreau until the mixture stands in soft peaks. Spread the cool cranberry mixture evenly over the roulade then spread the cream over. Roll up from the long end fairly tightly, don’t worry if it cracks a little. Place on a serving plate and chill before serving.
6. Cooks Tip: For that extra wow factor decorate with chocolate holly leaves and delicious crystallised fresh cranberries. For the holly leaves paint melted chocolate onto the back of clean holly or bay leaves, allow to set in the fridge, repeat with another layer of chocolate and set again. Carefully peel off. To make crystallised cranberries, soak fresh uncooked cranberries in a sugar syrup, roll in caster sugar and allow to dry for a few hours.
7. To freeze: Place the filled and rolled roulade on a suitable platter, open freeze overnight then wrap in a double layer of foil. Allow defrosting slowly for several hours.
Recipe and image courtesy of BerryWorld
What do you think of this BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream recipe?
Fancy making one?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
You may also like:
You Might Also Like These Roulade Recipes:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: