45+ Lifestyle Blogger From Nottingham

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For.

Coffee Break Thoughts…

Every day when I wake up in the morning just lately, I have a few disappointment thoughts that run through my head, from the day before. Things I can change about myself and lifestyle that I don’t. Things that will make me feel healthier in weeks to come, that I keep forgetting to change.

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For:

I wish I had not given up my gym membership. 🏋

I wish I had drunk more water. 💧

I wish I had not had that much sugar. 🍫

I wish I had run more miles. 👟

I wish I had not had that wine. 🍷

I wish I had eaten more fruit and vegetables. 🍐

I wish I had worked on some core strength 🙌

I wish I did not sit down as much to name just a few.💺

Every morning at least 3 negative thoughts like this run through my head.

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

Then every day is a fresh start.

A chance to change.

I will drink more water.

Eat less sugar.

Run more.

Join a gym.

Give up alcohol.

The by 9 am after jam on toast, cup of coffee and a sit down at the computer, my positive thoughts have been burred away again until the next morning.

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For.

So Monday I decided to “Do Something My Future Self Would Thank Me For!!” and make some changes.

So number one “I wish I had not given up my gym membership. 🏋” is now ticked off the list.

Yesterday, I joined up at a gym. I also sign up for a years contract. Which means I have to go! I picked out a gym with lots of spinning classes each week and one that also has a swimming pool if I want to go.

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For
Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

How cool are these spinning bikes!?

Off I went to my first spinning class in months yesterday too.

It was great and I worked so hard! So much so, I am a little achy today.

Mostly around the back of the neck from leaning over.

My legs will perhaps be aching tomorrow!?

Thankfully I did not do too much the first day back like I usually do when I join a gym again.

I usually want to get fit and overdo things.

Then make myself ill before the week is over.

I am trying to take my time and build my fitness up slowly.

Really itching to go again today though!

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

A well earned milky sweet cappuccino (Not perfect!! Ha!!) and avocado and scrambled egg when I got home from my spinning class yesterday.

Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

Taking small steps but eventually going in the right direction.⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

Watch this space!

Some Posts You Might Also Like:

25 Minutes Parkrun Goal: Part 1.

Karrimor Ambassador.

Top Fitness Tips For The Winter: Keep On Running.

Gel Glorify Asics Exclusive At Intersport.

London Marathon Countdown: 1 Month 7 Day.

Latest From The Blog:

31 responses to “Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank”

1. Out Of Depth Dad says:

Great post. I love a spin class myself – they are tough but so rewarding. Thanks for sharing.

2. Our Fairytale Adventure says:

I love this. I've pulled a muscle and haven't done any exercise in nearly two weeks now, it make me feel so lethargic and it stops me eating as well as normal. I think I need to just get back to eating healthily, thanks for the motivation.

3. mummabstylish says:

Fab post Claire, this is my day for sure – are you in my head? I've always had my gym membership and have started cycle classes recently, I love it, but nearly feel like passing out or being sick! Hopefully it's working then! Keep up the good work Hun. x

4. LEona says:

You've made me feel very lazy with what I've done today

5. Jess Tantrums To Smiles says:

Do you know what, your SO right! Every morning I wake up wishing yesterday was different forgetting that I have a whole new day in front of me ready to change! Thanks for inspiring me to wake up tomorrow and actually make those changes happen!

6. Laura - Dear Bear and Beany says:

I try not to have regrets in life, if its something I can change then I will. Everyday is a new page of this wonderful life!

7. Five Little Doves says:

Oh I love this post! It really has made me think about the future a little more, I need to take care of myself more!

8. Hannah Anderson says:

I absolutely love posts like these. Nothing wrong with a little self love!

9. Cathy says:

Well done Claire, I hope you have lots of fun whilst exercising. Those bikes look fab x

10. Sophie's Nursery says:

Ah well done for rejoining the gym! It's something I really need to sort out after baby is born!! x

11. Jayne SMABL says:

I love this! I so need to find some motivation to get back into a healthier lifestyle. It is so easy to get stuck in a rut isn't it?! x

12. Mama Grace says:

Water is a good way of taking care of yourself and one mindful step leads to another #PoCoLo

13. Elizabeth Rebecca says:

Love how motivating this is – and exactly right – one step at a time.

14. Debbie Roberts - Debs Random Writings says:

Hi Claire, I do the same then pull myself up. Why is it so easy to overthink the negative stuff rather than just get on and make the changes?.. Is there really such a thing as too much sugar?… The worst thing about getting unfit is getting fit again, and that is one thought that does keep me moving, maybe not quite as much as I want but at least it's something. I hate that pain of starting out again.xx

• Clairejustine oxox says:

I am with you Debbie. I have let myself get unfit but each time I try again it feels like starting again so I have a few days off and then it is like starting again. Never ending!! Ha!

15. chickenruby says:

I'll be rejoining the gym at the end of the month, but purely for the use of the swimming pool only, it's been ages since we've lived near enough to a proper pool i can use pocolo

16. Helena TheQueenofCollage says:

Small steps in the right direction to a happier and healthier you can't be bad. #PoCoLo

17. Morgan Prince says:

Well done you for taking the first steps, it's all about those little steps towards a goal. :)Go you!Thanks for linking to #pocolo