Are you looking for some meat-free recipes for your Christmas baking list?
Party season is around the corner and today I am sharing some mini quiche lorraine with a vegetarian twist.
Make an impressive centrepiece on the buffet table with these Quorn Mini Quiche Lorraine.
How To Make Meat-Free Quorn Mini Quiche Lorraine:
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 strips Quorn Vegetarian Bacon
- Knob of butter
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml double cream
- 60ml milk
- 25g finely grated cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas Mark 6.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the onion and fry over a low heat until translucent.
- Remove the onion from the pan, quickly fry the Quorn Vegetarian Bacon Rashers until starting to turn golden. Remove the heat, pour over the soy sauce and stir well to coat.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, cheddar and chives together in a jug, then stir in the onion and bacon pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a round cutter to cut 9 circles of pastry and lightly press them into a non-stick bun or muffin tin. Pour the mixture into each of the pastry cases until ¾ full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden, puffed and just set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing from the tin. Store any leftovers in an airtight tin for a day and reheat in a gentle oven.
Recipe courtesy of Quorn Meat Free.
What do you think of this meat-free Mini Quiche Lorraine recipe?
Quiche Lorraine is such a classic party food.
Fancy trying these quiches?
Why not try now or pin for later?
As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below ↷