Make The Most Of Sloe Berry Season With Hayman’s Gin. Are you a gin lover?
Today I have some fun food recipes make the most of sloe berry season with Hayman’s Gin.
With the woodlands and hedgerows proving to be a forager’s delight this autumn, the original English Gin Maker, Hayman’s Gin, has created two delicious seasonal recipes, inspired by sloe berries. With both recipes incorporating classically balanced Hayman’s Sloe Gin, the indulgent Chocolate Mousse is a boozy take on the popular dessert while the Mulled Sloe Gin Cocktail will help to stave off the winter chill.
Make The Most Of Sloe Berry Season With Hayman’s Gin:
How To Make A Rich Chocolate Mousse Infused With Hayman’s Sloe Gin:
- 200ml Hayman’s Sloe Gin
- 200g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate, broken into pieces (set aside 20g for garnish)
- 600ml double cream
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 100g sloe berries
- 100g caster sugar
- Place the sloe berries in a pan with three-quarters of the sugar and warm over a low heat.
- Stir to combine, allow the sugar to dissolve and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Press the cooked berries through a sieve using the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Place the chocolate pieces in a bowl set over a bain-marie at a low simmer, allowing the chocolate to melt slowly.
- Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before stirring in the egg yolks (mix thoroughly, to avoid any lumps), followed by the sweetened sloe coulis (keep 20g aside for garnish) and 100ml of Hayman’s Sloe Gin.
- Whisk the double cream with the rest of the caster sugar until it forms rough peaks
- Slowly stir in 100ml of Hayman’s Sloe Gin little by little to the whipped cream, to prevent the cream from curdling.
- Set a little of the cream mixture aside for garnish and fold the rest into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until they become soft peaks and fold into the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with a garnish of Hayman’s Sloe Gin-sweetened cream, flaked chocolate, and drizzle over the remaining coulis.
Hayman’s Mulled Sloe Gin:
- 100ml Hayman’s Sloe Gin
- 250ml Red Wine
- 2tsp Honey
- Half a teaspoon of Allspice
- To garnish: cinnamon stick, apple slice and/or blackberries
- Set a metal-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- Pour the Hayman’s Sloe Gin and red wine into the saucepan.
- Add in the honey and Allspice.
- Bring to a simmer and allow the mixture to simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a handled glass, and garnish with a cinnamon stick, apple slice and/or blackberries.
Make The Most Of Sloe Berry Season With Hayman’s Gin. Recipes c/o Hayman’s Sloe Gin
What are your favourite ways to use Gin? I love mine with tonic and fresh fruit.
Make The Most Of Sloe Berry Season With Hayman’s Gin. About this posts: I got sent four samples to try out. I was not paid for this post.
You Might Also Like: