Are you looking for some meat-free sides for Christmas?
Today I am sharing this Quorn Mince & Lentil Bites Recipe:
- 150g Quorn Mince, defrosted
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp water
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 100g Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 lemon, zested
- 150g plain flour, sieved
- 250ml cold water
- 35g crushed poppadoms
- 1 tbsp onion seeds
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1 green chilli
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- Pinch of sugar
- Small handful of mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft, add the garlic and curry powder and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the Quorn Mince, water and spinach and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl; add the mint, coriander, egg yolk, 75g of the wholemeal breadcrumbs, Puy lentils, mango chutney and lemon zest, mix gently, set aside before forming.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and water to form a batter.
- In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, crushed poppadoms, onion seeds and curry powder.
- Divide the Quorn Mince mixture into 12 equal portions and form into balls, coat with the batter then cover with the remaining wholemeal breadcrumbs.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 17 minutes until golden brown.
- Make the dip by blitzing the yoghurt, green chilli, pinch of sugar and the mint leaves together in a food processor. Serve with the bites.
Recipe courtesy of Quorn Meat Free
What do you think of this meat-free Quorn Mince & Lentil Bites recipe?
Fancy trying some?
Why not try now or pin for later?
As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below ↷