Quorn Pieces Festive Roll.
What a great idea?
Fancy making this meat-free festive roll?
How To Make A Quorn Pieces Festive Roll:
Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 637 per serving
- 200g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 125g mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 100g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 440ml dry cider
- 100ml single cream
- 2 tsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 400g ready to roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze the pastry
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the mushrooms and the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sage and cider and bring to the boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half the quantity. Stir in the Quorn Pieces, chestnuts and cream. Add the corn flour stirring until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry to a thickness of approx. half a centimetre into a rectangular shape and spoon the Quorn Pieces mixture into the centre. Fold the pastry over the mix to form a tube and tuck the pastry edge firmly underneath then fold in the ends to seal the tube. Brush generously with the beaten egg then place on a greased baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Quorn Meat Free
What do you think of this meat-free Quorn Pieces Festive Roll?
Fancy trying a slice?
Why not try now or pin for later?
As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below ↷