Recipe and image courtesy of Vita Coco.
Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie.
A few days ago I mentioned, Selasi Gbormittah, The Great British Bake Off’s break-out star, motorcyclist and banker, has partnered with Vita Coco to provide winter warming recipes with a hint of summer flavour.
Today I have one more recipe for you; Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie.
How To Make Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie:
- 3-4 tbsps Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsps. tomato puree
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp honey
Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie Method:
1. In a large pan, begin to fry the onion, carrots, sundried tomato, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the puree and fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the can of tomatoes and the remaining ingredients.
4. Cover and leave to simmer /reduce for about 15 minutes.
5. Fill a medium pan with boiling water and add some salt. Boil the sweet potatoes until just soft (about 15-20 minutes).
6. Drain the water once cooked, and mash the sweet potato. Add the turmeric, black pepper, thyme, oil and honey.
7. Preheat the grill at 200c.
8. Pour your sauce into a 25 * 19cm oven dish. Place your mash in a piping bag, cut the end and pipe blobs neatly onto the sauce, covering the entire dish. Sprinkle with some sea salt and grill for 10-15mins until crisp and golden on top.
Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie Recipe and image courtesy of Vita Coco.
What do you think of this Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie recipe?
Fancy making some?
Share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
Vita Coco Coconut Oil is 100% organic, extra virgin, raw, cold-pressed and free from harmful chemicals. An all-natural cooking oil, Vita Coco Coconut Oil has endless uses; it can be used to fry, liven up salad dressings, as an alternative to butter in cakes and more! Using Vita Coco Coconut Oil is perfect for cooking up delicious barbecued meats, vegetables and even tasty desserts.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Salmon, Walnut And Avocado Grain Bowls
- California Walnut And Lemon Parsley Spaghetti
- California Walnut, Spinach And Feta Baklava
- Chilled California Walnut And Cucumber Sunshine Soup
- California Walnut And Kale Salad With Grilled Salmon
- Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl
- Asparagus, Tuna And Bean Salad With Shallot And Caper Vinaigrette
- Chantenay Carrot, Bulgar Wheat And Chickpea Spicy Salad
- Radish And Celery Potato Salad: Healthy Lunch
- Lentil, Pepper And Spinach Balti: Dinner Recipe