I love any sweet things with white chocolate in them and today I have a special treat to share with you.
White Chocolate and BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles. Delicious.
Smooth and delectable, the combination of sharp cranberries, creamy white chocolate and zesty orange make these a wonderful taste sensation as well as a perfect Christmas gift or after dinner treat.
What’s not to love?
How To Make White Chocolate and BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles:
Makes: approx: 20
Prep time: 30 minutes
White Chocolate and BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles.
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp Cointreau
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 500g white chocolate, suitable for cooking
- 600g double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
What To Do:
1. Place the cranberries, Cointreau and orange zest into a small pan, bring to a simmer and cook until softened and syrupy. Leave to cool.
2. Chop or break 300g of the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl. Place the cream and butter into a small saucepan, heat until just about to boil, pour over the chocolate and stir until melted. if the chocolate doesn’t melt with the heat of the cream, place over a saucepan of simmering water for a few minutes and stir until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the cranberries and leave to cool, then place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
3. With a small spoon or melon baller scoop spoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls, then pop into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Place each ball on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate, swirling around until coated, place on a sheet of baking parchment, leave to set in the fridge. These delicious truffles are best served straight from the fridge.
Cooks Tip: These lovely truffles make an ideal Christmas gift, place in little paper cases and then in a small gift box wrapped in ribbon, store in the fridge and eat within a week.
Recipe and image courtesy of BerryWorld
What do you think of these White Chocolate and BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles?
Fancy making some?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
You might also like: