Happy Sunday evening.
I am sat here looking out the window watching the snow fall and wondering if the children will be at school tomorrow.
It feels very Christmas-y with all this snow.
Love cheese? If so, you might like today’s recipe?
Cheeseboard mac & cheese anyone? This recipe is perfect for after Christmas meal ideas.
Use up all those lovely leftovers from the Christmas cheeseboard in this hearty supper.
How To Make Cheeseboard Mac & Cheese:
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
Total time:35 minutes
- 500g macaroni
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 650ml milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 350g mixed cheeseboard cheese (Cheddar, Stilton, Brie etc), grated/thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Garlic & Rosemary Crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil and cook the macaroni according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually, add the milk a splash at a time, stirring continuously to avoid lumps until a smooth sauce has formed. Stir in the mustard and ¾ of the cheese. Then add the cooked macaroni and stir until coated.
3. Tip into a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Scatter with the remaining cheese followed by the garlic & rosemary crust, drizzle with olive oil and pop under the grill for 5 minutes until golden, bubbly and crisp on top. Serve with dressed salad leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of this Cheeseboard Mac & Cheese recipe?
Fancy making some?
You may also like these recipes to make with any leftover food:
Why not try now or pin for Christmas?
See any recipes you fancy trying?
Join the conversation and share your thoughts below ⬇