Cheeseboard Mac And Cheese. Happy Sunday evening.
I am sat here looking out the window watching the snow fall and wondering if the children will be at school tomorrow.
It feels very Christmas-y with all this snow.
Love cheese? If so, you might like today’s recipe?
Cheeseboard mac & cheese anyone? This recipe is perfect for after Christmas meal ideas.
Use up all those lovely leftovers from the Christmas cheeseboard in this hearty supper.
How To Make Cheeseboard Mac And Cheese:
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
Total time:35 minutes
- 500g macaroni
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 650ml milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 350g mixed cheeseboard cheese (Cheddar, Stilton, Brie etc), grated/thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Garlic & Rosemary Crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Cheeseboard Mac And Cheese Method:
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil and cook the macaroni according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually, add the milk a splash at a time, stirring continuously to avoid lumps until a smooth sauce has formed. Stir in the mustard and ¾ of the cheese. Then add the cooked macaroni and stir until coated.
3. Tip into a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Scatter with the remaining cheese followed by the garlic & rosemary crust, drizzle with olive oil and pop under the grill for 5 minutes until golden, bubbly and crisp on top. Serve with dressed salad leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of this Cheeseboard Mac And Cheese recipe?
Fancy making some?
You may also like these recipes to make with any leftover food:
Why not try now or pin for Christmas?
See any recipes you fancy trying?
Join the conversation and share your thoughts below ⬇