Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn. Happy Saturday. Did you get the snow yesterday? We did. It makes it feel a lot more Christmas-y around here now.
Love popcorn and fancy giving it a Christmas twist? How about adding bacon and maple syrup to it?
Maple syrup and bacon popcorn. What a great idea!?
Sweet and salty, this snack is taken to a whole new level by the crispy shards of pancetta.
How To Make Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn:
Perfect for trying out this Christmas
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
Makes: 6-8 gift bags
- 2 x 95g packs Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Italian Sliced Pancetta
- 50g salted butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 150g popping corn
Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C, gas mark 6. Lay the pancetta on a baking sheet and cook for 5-8 minutes, until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter and 3 tbsp maple syrup in a large, non-stick saucepan with a lid. When just foaming, add the corn and give it a stir, then cover with a lid and leave over a medium-high heat until you start to hear popping.
3. Don’t open the pan but gently shake it to make sure the kernels don’t burn and that they all pop. Once the popping has stopped you can remove the lid. Tip the popcorn into a bowl.
4. Crumble the pancetta into small shards, toss with the remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup and stir through the popcorn. You can add an extra drizzle of maple syrup if you like, though this will soften the corn a little. Best eaten the same day, so serve immediately or take to a party with a bottle of fizz.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of this Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Try now or pin for later.
Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn.
You might also like: