Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream, Rainbow Beetroot, Radish, Capers and Watercress.
A delicious, light starter that looks so pretty and colourful it’s almost a shame to eat it! But please do – it tastes as good as it looks.
Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream, Rainbow Beetroot, Radish, Capers and Watercress:
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 400g smoked salmon, bloodline removed
- 1 purple beetroot
- 1 candy beetroot
- 1 golden beetroot
- 4 radishes
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp. capers
- 1 tbsp strong horseradish cream
- 100ml double cream
- Good handful watercress
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Thinly slice the radishes, then add to a small bowl with the white wine vinegar. Leave for 30 minutes before removing and draining on kitchen towel.
2. Peel the three types of beetroot and slice as thinly as possible. Add the slices to a bowl of ice water to ensure that they retain their freshness and colour. The ice should also cause the slices to curl into an attractive shape.
3. Lightly whip the double cream, then fold in the horseradish and add a pinch of salt.
4. Lay the smoked salmon on four starter plates in a rectangle. Arrange a few slices of radish and beetroot on the plates, then scatter over the capers.
5. Use two teaspoons to shape the horseradish cream into quenelles, then add 3 to each plate, placed randomly. Finally, scatter over some watercress, drizzle with olive oil and finish with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of:
For these and other tempting watercress recipes, visit Watercress.
Recipe photography credits: Lara Jane Thorpe
What do you think of this Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream, Rainbow Beetroot, Radish, Capers and Watercress recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Join the conversation and share your comments below.
You might also like: