Asparagus and pea risotto with lemon and crème fraiche – Risotto is great if you’re looking for a vegetarian main, there is nothing like a creamy risotto with delicious asparagus.
Risottos are great because the core ingredients in can be easily pulled together from the fridge or store-cupboard.
There is nothing like a creamy risotto with asparagus and fresh spring or summer vegetables.
This is a dinner party must-do dish.
How To Make Asparagus And Pea Risotto With Lemon And Crème Fraiche:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- ½ green chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 150g arborio rice
- ½ glass of white wine
- half a bundle (approx. 125g) asparagus
- 100g peas
- 2 tbsp grated vegetarian parmesan
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- handful of chives, chopped finely
What To Do:
- Place the stock on a slow heat and keep it there whilst you are making your risotto.
- In a separate large pan melt the butter and then add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and sweat until soft for 5 minutes.
- Then add the arborio rice and mix round well so it absorbs all the flavours and is well coated in butter, before adding the white wine.
- When the white wine has been absorbed, add the asparagus spears and start adding ladleful by ladleful of stock, adding the next one when the one before has been absorbed.
- After 15 minutes of continual stirring and adding the stock, taste and adjust the seasoning and then add the peas.
- After a further 5 minutes turn the heat off, add the parmesan and crème fraiche, lemon zest and juice and let them melt in before serving and finishing off with some chopped chives.
Recipe courtesy of: British Asparagus
Tone down the ‘red lights’ by swapping the butter for olive oil and using less and stirring in half fat crème fraiche!
Then enjoy this recipe as an occasional choice if you’re cutting down on fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt e.g. for people who generally wish to eat more healthily or people who have raised cholesterol levels or diabetes
· A good way to get one of your ‘5-a-day’.
What do you think of this Asparagus and pea risotto with lemon and crème fraiche recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like: