Flippin’ Fantastic Toffee Apple Pancakes – with NEW Bonne Maman Caramels
Add a fabulous new flavour to your stack of American pancakes this Shrove Tuesday with Bonne Maman’s new, luxuriously smooth Caramels.
Gently warm Bonne Maman Salted Caramel or the slightly deeper, nuttier-flavoured Hazelnut Praline Caramel with a splash of apple juice to make a luscious rich toffee apple sauce and then drizzle on top of pancakes and soft fruits for a truly sensational stack.
Bonne Maman Salted Caramel is a deliciously rich caramel lightly seasoned with Guérande sea salt from the North Western coast of France, whilst Hazelnut Praline Caramel offers a deeper, dark and intense caramel, flavoured with lightly toasted hazelnuts.
Flippin’ Fantastic Toffee Apple Pancakes:
American Pancakes with Toffee Apple Sauce:
- 25 ml apple juice
- 1/2 a jar Bonne Maman Salted Caramel or Hazelnut Praline Caramel
- 140g self-raising flour
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3tbsp butter, melted
- 125ml whole milk
- First make the Toffee Apple Sauce. Put the caramel in a small saucepan with the apple juice and stir together over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the self-raising flour, caster sugar, baking powder, egg and melted butter.
- Once combined, add in the milk and stir until smooth.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and wipe out the pan with a little extra butter or oil.
- Add some of the batter mixture onto the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Wait until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and flip the pancake over with a fish slice or spatula. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes in a stack, add fruit and pour over the warm Toffee Apple Sauce.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the mixture for even pancakes.
Flippin’ Fantastic Toffee Apple Pancakes Recipe courtesy of:
Recipe development by Moyra Fraser
Image copyright, Bonne Maman UK
Bonne Maman Caramel can be found in the ‘spreads’ section, next to jams and marmalades at most good retailers.
220gm sized jars of Salted Caramel and Hazelnut Praline Caramel are available to purchase nationwide from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado.
Salted Caramel £2.19 rrp and Hazelnut Praline Caramel £2.39 for 220gm jar.
You might like this post: How To Make The Ultimate Pancakes On Pancake Day
Or maybe you would like to check out these recipes here: 19 Pancake Recipes To Try Out On Shrove Tuesday