Free-From American Style Pancakes. How Yummy!?
Fancy making some of these thick, fluffy, American style pancakes?
Free from gluten and wheat and are suitable for vegetarians.
Perfect for anyone following a gluten-free diet. With these, they needn’t miss out on enjoying a tasty treat this Pancake Day (13th February).
Free From and Dietary Notes: Free from gluten and wheat. Suitable for vegetarians.
Where suggested alternatives are shown, follow these to make this recipe also free from eggs and/or milk.
How To Make Free-From American Style Pancakes:
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 250g FREEE Plain White Flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 ¾ tbsp FREEE Baking Powder
- 2 eggs (or 2 tbsp FREEE Chickpea Flour + 4 tbsp water)
- 150ml milk (or vegan milk)
- 50g butter, melted
- Oil for frying
- Sliced banana, chopped almond and maple syrup for serving
Equipment Large frying pan
1. Put the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Place an empty bowl on your weighing scales and crack in the eggs (or chickpea flour + water). Slowly add the milk until the mixture weighs 250g. Beat together well.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients, then the melted butter. Beat into a smooth thick batter.
4. Put a little oil into a frying pan, roll it around to cover the surface and heat until nice and hot.
5. Pour batter into the pan to make 8cm/3” circles and cook on medium heat.
6. When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
7. Repeat until the batter is used.
8. Serve warm with your favourite toppings.
Recipe courtesy of: FREEE by Doves Farm
FREEE by Doves Farm incorporates 60 gluten free and free-from products, including flour, pasta, breakfast cereals, cookies and oat bars. All FREEE by Doves Farm products are produced in dedicated production facilities. FREEE by Doves Farm believes in offering natural products that never compromise on taste, are all subject to a rigorous testing regime and are always clearly labelled. Freee Foods.
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – @FreeeFoods