This flippin’ good pancake recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup
How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes.
Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes anyone?
Perfect for Pancake Day and for a lover’s Valentine’s Day breakfast.
How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes:
Deliciously fluffy American style pancakes get the Red Velvet treatment with the addition of sweet cooked beetroot.
Just perfect for sharing with that special someone.
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 3 small roasted beetroot, peeled and chopped (about 175g in total)
- 50ml milk
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Lyles Golden Syrup
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Dr Oetker Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil for frying
- 75g cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Lyles Golden Syrup
You Will Need:
4 heart shaped heat-proof rings measuring around 9cm wide and 8cm long
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Place the beetroot in a bowl along with the milk and blend with a hand blender until perfectly smooth. Alternatively, you could do this in a blender for a smooth result. Once blended add the Golden Syrup, beaten eggs and whisk. Sieve in flour and baking powder and whisk well.
2. Oil your heart shaped rings and add a little oil to a heated frying pan. Place the rings in the pan and spoon some of the mixture in. Nudge the batter around to fill in all of the ring and don’t be tempted to overfill.
3. Gently cook for 3-4 minutes until just set, then carefully remove the rings, turn the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Keep warm whilst you cook the remaining pancakes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese with the vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of the
Golden Syrup and beat well.
5. To serve, place two hearts on each warmed plate, add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and then drizzle with the remaining Golden Syrup.
You can use ready cooked fresh, vac-packed beetroot in natural juices for this dish if you don’t have the time to roast your own beetroot. The resulting colour will be a little less vibrant but the flavour will still be great.
How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes Recipe c/o Lyle’s Golden Syrup
Lyle’s Golden Syrup: This flippin’ good pancake recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyle’s Golden Syrup
What do you think of these Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes?
Fancy making some for your loved ones?
You might also like these recipes:
Fancy making someone an edible bouquet of roses? Pancake Roses.
Yes, indulgent! And yes, delicious!!
Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in a pancake! These are quick-to-make and a treat to eat. Carrot Cake Pancakes.
Let us know what you think of these recipes in the comments below.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Martha Collison’s Chocolate Brownie Pancakes
- British Asparagus Tortilla: A Twist On A Spanish Dish
- Turkey Caesar Salad Cups: Version Of Caesar Salad
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Full English Vegan Fry Up: Love Your Gut
- Courgette Shakshuka: Love Your Gut
- Overnight Oats With Picota Cherry Fruit Compote