Recipe and image courtesy of The Groovy Food Company
The Groovy Food Company Black Bean And Butternut Squash Tacos.
Fancy making some of these tasty tacos?
The Groovy Food Company Black Bean And Butternut Squash Tacos. This is a great midweek meal to have up your sleeve. Take everything to the table and let the family dive in and build their own tacos.
How To Make The Groovy Food Company Black Bean And Butternut Squash Tacos:
Prep 10 mins Cook 35 mins
- 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 650g butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar, Light Amber & Mild
For The Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ (half) small bunch mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Zest 1 lime and juice ½ (half)
- 100g Feta, roughly crumbled
- 2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 8-12 small soft flour tortillas
How To Make:
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spoon the coconut oil into a large roasting tray and heat in the oven. Add the squash to the tray along with the cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and plenty of seasoning. Mix well and roast for 20 minutes. Tip in the black beans, drizzle over the agave, then toss everything together and roast for another 15 mins.
2. Meanwhile, make the guacamole. Mash the avocado, peas, lime zest and juice in a bowl, then stir through most of the herbs and some seasoning.
3. Wrap the tortillas in foil and pop in the oven with the squash for the last 5 mins, to heat through.
4. To serve let everyone dig in and make their own tacos – spread a generous spoonful of guacamole over a tortilla, then top with lettuce, 1-2 tbsp of the black bean mix, a crumbling of feta, a sprinkling of herbs and a squeeze of lime.
The Groovy Food Company Black Bean And Butternut Squash Tacos Recipe and image courtesy of The Groovy Food Company
About The Groovy Food Company:
The Groovy Food Company is an award-winning British brand committed to sourcing and producing natural foods that taste delicious and nourish the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl
- Asparagus, Tuna And Bean Salad With Shallot And Caper Vinaigrette
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- Home Baked Beans With Jacket Potatoes
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Glazed Carrot, Feta And Red Onion Tart
- 21st Century Salad Full Of Fantastic Flavours
- Lemon Roasted Chantenay With Feta And Mint Couscous Salad
- How To Make Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip
- Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint And Mozzarella Bruschetta