The Groovy Food Company Turkey Burgers with Avocado, Mango Yoghurt And Sweet Potato Fries. Make sure you use turkey thigh mince for the burgers so that they stay lovely and juicy and don’t dry out. Coconut oil has a high smoke point so it’s great for roasting at high temperatures.
The Groovy Food Company Turkey Burgers with Avocado, Mango Yoghurt And Sweet Potato Fries:
Prep 15 mins Cook 45 mins
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175g Greek yoghurt
- 800g sweet potatoes
- 2 ½ (half) tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 heaped tbsp mango chutney
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1 large or 2 small avocados
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ (quarter) cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 4 handfuls lettuce leaves
- 4 whole wheat buns
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. To make the burgers put the mince, spring onion, garlic, 40g of yoghurt, 1 tsp salt and a good grinding of black pepper in a bowl. Use a fork to combine thoroughly then shape firmly into 4 patties, each about 2cm thick. Cover and chill for at least 30 mins.
2. Meanwhile cut the sweet potatoes into chunky fries. Melt 2 tbsp of the coconut oil then drizzle over the potatoes, season well and toss to coat. Spread out to a single layer on two parchment lined trays and roast for 45 mins, turning halfway through.
3. Combine the remaining yoghurt and the mango chutney in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and seasoning, set aside. Heat ½ (half) tbsp coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned, then transfer to a baking tray and pop in the oven with the fries for their final 15 mins, or until cooked through.
4. Halve the burger buns and warm in the oven. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with some seasoning. Layer up the burgers starting with mashed avocado, then lettuce, a turkey burger, a few cucumber ribbons, a dollop of mango yoghurt and tomato slices, then pop on the lid. Serve with a portion of fries and any extra sauce on the side.
Recipe and image courtesy of The Groovy Food Company
About The Groovy Food Company:
The Groovy Food Company is an award-winning British brand committed to sourcing and producing natural foods that taste delicious and nourish the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
You Might Also Like: