Naked Barley porridge with maple rhubarb and pecans anyone?
Calling all porridge pioneers. Stay ahead of the curve and swap your regular old oats for naked barley. Quick, easy and comforting, this recipe tastes just as great with milk as it does with a dairy alternative.
Give Rude Health’s Cashew Drink a go. It is the creamiest of their range. Top it with maple rhubarb and pecans to give your taste buds a tickle.
How To Make Naked Barley Porridge With Maple Rhubarb And Pecans:
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For The Porridge:
- 70g Rude Health Naked Barley flakes
- 220ml Rude Health Cashew Drink or milk
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
For The Topping:
- 1 rhubarb stem, chopped roughly to 1 inch
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A squeeze of maple syrup/honey
- Handful of pecans, roughly chopped
How To Make:
1. Cook the naked barley flakes by following the packet instructions.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan and gently fry the rhubarb for a few minutes or until soft and cooked through. Add the maple syrup/honey to the pan and toss the rhubarb in it.
3. Once the porridge is cooked, serve and top with the cooked rhubarb and chopped pecans.
Allergy info: milk, nuts (pecans)
Recipe courtesy of Rude Health
What do you think of this Naked Barley Porridge With Maple Rhubarb And Pecans recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Miso, Barley Porridge with Winter Greens and Fried Egg:
If you’re into savoury breakfasts, this is for you.
This is a quick, easy alternative to your standard porridge and can be enjoyed any time of day.
It’s full of flavour, thanks to the addition of the miso.