‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake, What is Not Too Love About This?
‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake. Happy Friday. Are you looking forward to the weekend?
How about Valentines Day?
Any fun plans?
Today I have this yummy looking recipe to share with you- ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake from GBBO’s Selasi and Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
Perfect for Valentine’s Day treat too.
Which not only tastes great but is healthier too. With a nutty, chocolatey, date base, simple cream filling and fresh strawberry topping – it’s a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Plus its really easy to make.
How To Make A ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake:
Nutty Base Ingredients:
30g flaked almonds
60g dried cranberries
30g cashew nuts
5 fresh dates, pitted
2-3 tbsp of melted Vita Coco Coconut Oil
150g dark chocolate, cherry and nut granola
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven at 180 fan
2. Whizz the almonds, cranberries, dates, cashews and granola until crumbly
3. Line the base of an 8cm spring form tin with parchment paper
4. Fill the tin with the whizzed mix, level the top and bake for 15 minutes
5. Allow cooling once baked
Cream Filling Ingredients:
240ml half fat extra thick cream
225g crème fraiche
50g icing sugar
50g grated milk/dark chocolate
1 Punnet of perfect fresh strawberries
1. Cut a ‘v’ on top from the stalk end of each strawberry to create a heart shape. Discard the stalk.
2. For the cream filling, begin to whip the cream with half the sugar until stiff peaks form, making sure you do not over whip.
3. Beat crème fraiche with the remaining sugar until smooth. Once smooth, fold in the puree.
4. Mix together the cream and crème fraiche mixture.
5. Line the tin around the base with acetate paper and spoon half the mixture into the tin.
6. Cleverly place the heart shaped strawberries into the tin. Cover the strawberries with the remaining cream mixture making sure you bury the green stalk. Refrigerate until set.
7. When ready to serve, decorate with fresh strawberries and grated chocolate. Cut across the cheesecake when you serve as this will reveal the strawberry hearts.
‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake Recipe and image courtesy of Vita Coco.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.