Today I have a tasty recipe to share with you from Pyrex –
Vegan-Friendly Spiced Wild Rice.
Perfect as a side dish to your main course.
How To Make Vegan-Friendly Spiced Wild Rice:
Serves: 10 (as a side dish)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Pyrex Product List:
- Pyrex rectangular Cook & Freeze dish (25x19cm)
- Pyrex Expert bowl
- Pyrex Diamond+ frying pan (28cm)
- Pyrex Diamond+ saucepan (24cm)
- Pyrex Glass Ramekins (9cm)
- 500g (1lb) brown basmati and wild rice
- 1.5l (6 cups) vegetable stock
- 300g (10oz) fine green beans, cut into 2.5cm (1in) pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) mixed spice
- 100g (3oz) pecan halves
- 100g (3oz) cashews, roasted and salted
- 100g (3oz) dried cranberries
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 60ml (4 tbsp) flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- Using a medium-sized sauce pan, boil the rice for 25 minutes in the stock. Drain and set aside in a Pyrex Expert Bowl.
- Boil the beans in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and add to the bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, fry the onions in the oil until softened.
- Add the mixed spice and onions to the bowl and stir well.
- At this point, you can store and freeze the mixture in a large Pyrex Cook & Freeze dish ready for later use. After defrosting, the dish can simply be placed in the oven (without the lid) or microwave to reheat.
- When you are ready to serve, stir in the pecans, cashews and cranberries, then sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and parsley on top.
TIP: For ease, measure out the mixed spices, pecans, cashews and cranberries into Pyrex Ramekins before you begin cooking so they can effortlessly be added to the recipe when required.
Recipe courtesy of Pyrex
What do you think of this Vegan-Friendly Spiced Wild Rice recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these other recipes from Pyrex:
- Cauliflower Couscous With Moroccan Chicken.
- Butternut Squash, Turkey And Stilton Quiche.
- Raspberry Lemon Drizzle Cake.