Quorn Sausage And Beans Casserole anyone?
We love sausage casseroles here and this is a meat-free version from Quorn.
Try this recipe for a healthier sausage casserole, made using Quorn Sausages, chestnut mushrooms, pepper, beans and tomato passata.
Two of your five a day and high in protein.
342 Cals Per Serving
How To Make A Quorn Sausage & Beans Casserole:
- 1 pack of Quorn Sausages (if using frozen sausages defrost), browned in a little oil and cut into three on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Mixed Frozen Pepper, slices
- 1½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 400g Passata with Onions and Garlic
- 150ml / ¼ pint vegetable stock (using 1 vegetable stock cube)
- 400g beans of your choice drained – butter beans, cannellini, black eye beans
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
How To Make:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a medium/high heat for 4 minutes until soft.Add the garlic, mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Passata and vegetable stock.
- Stir in the beans and Quorn Sausage slices, simmer gently for 6 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe and images courtesy of Quorn.
What do you think of this Quorn Sausage & Beans Casserole?
Fancy trying this recipe?
You might also like:
Share your thoughts in the comments below and do not forget to let us know if you get to try this recipe.