Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah &Vita Coco
Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime.
Today I have a tasty recipe for you to try out:
Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime- By Selasi Gbormittah
This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
How To Make Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime:
- Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- 380g reduced fat coconut milk
- 20g lemon grass, cut in half
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 180g black rice
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 lime
- 1 large sweet potato
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes and toss into a pan or baking tray with a tsp of Vita Coco Coconut Oil, chilli flakes, salt and a pinch of salt.
3. Roast the potato in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Fry the lemongrass in a tsp of oil for a few minutes. Add the milk and bring to boil until bubbling.
5. Stir in the rice and reduce the heat, allowing to cook for 35-40 minutes on low heat.
6. Make the dressing by peeling the mango and slicing thinly.
7. Zest and juice the lime and mix together with the mango in a bowl.
8. Set aside until rice is ready.
9. Dish the rice into a bowl and top with mango dressing to serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah & Vita Coco
What do you think of this Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these recipes by Selasi:
‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake:
I have this yummy looking recipe to share with you- ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake from GBBO’s Selasi and Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Perfect for Valentine’s Day treat too.
Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- California Walnut And Kale Salad With Grilled Salmon
- Cauli-rice and California Walnut Crusted Egg Buddha Bowl
- Asparagus, Tuna And Bean Salad With Shallot And Caper Vinaigrette
- Chantenay Carrot, Bulgar Wheat And Chickpea Spicy Salad
- Radish And Celery Potato Salad: Healthy Lunch
- Lentil, Pepper And Spinach Balti: Dinner Recipe
- Crispy Tofu Rice Bowl With Soy Lime Dressing
- Mixed Vegetable With Crunchy Almond Crumble
- Chantenay Carrots With Caramelised Shallots, Yoghurt, Chives And Bacon
- Top Tips For Creating The Best Turkey On Christmas Day