Just in time for Pancake Day (13th February) family-owned Wiltshire miller Doves Farm has created two new recipes for the day – Galettes De Sarrasin Buckwheat Pancakes and White Spelt Pancakes.
You can find the Galettes De Sarrasin Buckwheat Pancakes recipe here and today I am sharing the White Spelt Pancakes recipe.
How To Make White Spelt Pancakes:
Serve these spelt pancakes warm with fresh or stewed fruit and drizzled with your favourite syrup. We used fresh summer berries and golden syrup, what a treat!
- 150g Doves Farm Organic Stoneground White Spelt Flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 tsp FREEE by Doves Farm Baking Powder
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml milk
- butter, for cooking
- stewed or fresh fruit
- large frying pan
Cooking time: 15 minutes
How To Make:
1. Put the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a jug and stir to combine.
2. Break the eggs into the jug, add the milk and beat to a smooth, thick batter.
3. Put a small knob of butter into a frying pan over a medium heat, as it melts tip the pan so that the melted butter covers its surface.
4. Pour some batter into the pan to make 10cm/4” circles and cook over a medium heat.
5. When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
6. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Serve warm with stewed or fresh fruit and syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Doves Farm
The Doves Farm brand features 20 different flours, including flours made from ancient grains such as Einkorn, Emmer and KAMUT® Khorasan as well as plain white, plain wholemeal and pasta flour. The range is certified by The Soil Association and also includes organic biscuits, incorporating 44 products in total.
Facebook – @dovesfarmfoods, Twitter – @dovesfarm