Are you looking for a tasty cake recipe?
Love apples and a taste of cinnamon?
Apple And Cinnamon Crumble Cake anyone?
This cake is delicious eaten warm with a cup of tea or with lashings of creamy custard as a pudding.
How To Make An Apple And Cinnamon Crumble Cake:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Makes: 20cm (8in) cake (16 portions)
- 2 sachets White’s ActivOat High in Fibre
- 3 red skinned apples
- 200g (7oz) self-raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 225g (8oz) demerara sugar
- 50g (2oz) raisins
- 125g (41/2oz) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 175ml (6floz) milk
- 125g (41/2oz) Hazelnut, Almond & Honey granola
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/fan oven 160*C/gas mark 4. Grease and line an 8in/20cm square cake tin. Core and coarsely grate one apple.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the oats, cinnamon, salt, sugar and raisins. Beat in the melted butter, eggs, milk and grated apple and pour into the prepared tin.
- Scatter over the granola. Quarter, core and slice the remaining apples and scatter randomly over the top of the cake, pushing them into the cake mixture slightly. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar if liked and cutting into 16 squares.
This cake mixture works well with pears to replace the apple. Or make up the cake mixture and omit the apple slices for the topping and replace with 150g (5oz) blackberries or raspberries or blueberries.
Recipes courtesy of Whites Oats.
What do you think of this Apple And Cinnamon Crumble Cake recipe?
Fancy making it?