Fancy making a Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-Fry for dinner anyone?
How To Make A Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-Fry:
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
- 400g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and shredded into long strips with a mandolin or julienne peeler
- 1tbsp groundnut oil (or another flavourless oil e.g. sunflower or vegetable oil)
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 50g cashews (optional)
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, halved or quartered lengthways
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
For The Sauce:
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- ¼tsp fine salt
How To Make:
- Place the raw, shredded potatoes into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Leave for at least 10 minutes to allow removal of excessive starch (30 minutes would be ideal if time allows).
- Then, rinse the potato under cold water before draining in a colander and drying by wrapping in a tea towel. Set aside.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a wok or large non-stick saucepan. Add the cashews and cook for 30 seconds until they colour. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Next add the chicken and cook for a minute each side until cooked through, then remove from the pan. Add more groundnut oil if necessary, wait until it heats, then add the veg to the pan, cooking until it softens, for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1tbsp soy sauce, along with the chicken and cashew and toss to coat. Remove everything from the pan. Add the potatoes and chilli to the pan and stir constantly for 3 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still retain their bite. Add the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the potatoes as a base with the other ingredients on top.
Tip: Make sure you have all the components of this dish ready before you begin cooking
Recipe and images courtesy of Love Potatoes.
What do you think of this Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-Fry recipe?
Fancy trying it?