Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes anyone?
These would make a lovely Mothers’ Day treat for afternoon tea:
Everybody loves a chocolate cupcake, and these will be no exception!
How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes:
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 75g (3oz) White’s Oatbran Fine Cut
- 25g (1oz) White’s Apple, Cranberry & Raspberry Granola
- 75g (3oz) cocoa powder
- 100g (31/2oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g (9oz) cooked, peeled beetroot in natural juices, drained
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml (7fl oz.) sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250g (9oz) caster sugar
- 125g (41/2oz) white chocolate
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/fan oven 160*C/Gas mark 4. Line 12 holes in a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour into a large bowl and stir in the oat bran and baking powder. Place the beetroot, eggs, sunflower oil and vanilla bean paste into a food processor and whizz until smooth. Stir into the flour mixture with the caster sugar and beat until well combined. Divide between the paper cases and bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a simmering pan of water. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Beat in the cream cheese until thick and glossy. Divide between the cupcakes and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the granola to serve.
Look out for ready-cooked beetroot in the fresh fruit and vegetable aisles of the supermarket – make sure you choose beetroot in natural juices not dipped in vinegar.
Recipes courtesy of Whites Oats.
What do you think of these Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes?
Fancy making some?
As always, we would love to hear your thoughts.