Happy snowy Thursday.
School is cancelled today as the snow is too deep to get there and back safely.
Today is going to be a play in the snow day!
Is it snowing where you live too?
Fancy a nice warm breakfast to start the day?
Chocolate & hazelnut swirls with berry & honey smoothies, anyone?
How To Make Chocolate & Hazelnut Swirls With Berry & Honey Smoothies:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 (makes 8 swirls, 4 large glasses of smoothie)
- 320g pack ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 3 tbsp chocolate and hazelnut spread, warmed slightly
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts
For The Smoothies:
- 200g frozen Waitrose Love Life Berry Smoothie Mix
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 200g natural yogurt
- 200ml apple juice
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Unroll the pastry and lay it out on a lightly floured work surface. Top with a layer of chocolate spread, then the mashed banana. Sprinkle with the nuts, then roll up from the shortest side into a tight cylinder like a Swiss roll.
3. Cut into 8 even-sized slices, then lay each slice cut side down on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 18-20 minutes until puffed up and golden.
4. Meanwhile, make the smoothies in 2 batches. Place half the frozen berries into a blender with half the honey, yogurt and apple juice, and blitz until smooth and thick. Pour into 2 tall tumblers, then repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Serve with the warm swirls.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of these Chocolate & Hazelnut Swirls With Berry & Honey Smoothies recipes?
Fancy trying them out?