Happy Sunday. Are you looking for a nice and tasty soup recipe to try out? Creamy pea soup anyone?
A simple but flavourful soup that can be ready in minutes!
Perfect for a light starter.
How To Make Creamy Pea Soup:
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 450 g frozen peas
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g raw cashews
- (Optional) 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt, to serve
How To Make:
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions and garlic, until softened. Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cashews, then add the stock and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into four serving bowls and top with a swirl of dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt.
Recipe and images courtesy of:
Credit: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen Copyright: The Vegan Society, 2018.
What do you think of this Creamy Pea Soup?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these recipes from The Vegan Society:
Mushroom & Leek Pie:
Mushroom & leek pie, what a tasty combination!?
Creamy mushrooms and leeks encased in a crispy, golden pie crust.
Delicious, filling and a great choice to serve to both vegans and meat-eaters!
The pie is filling and features vegetables encased in a crispy, golden pie crust.
Lemon Possets With Shortbread:
Lemon Possets with shortbread anyone?
Ultra creamy lemon puddings with sweet, crumbly shortbread cookies – perfect for dipping!