Cannoli Pie anyone?
This smooth and creamy Cannoli Pie is a delicious idea for an Italian inspired dessert.
A perfect dinner party idea or yummy weekend treat.
How To Make A Cannoli Pie:
Prep time: 15 minutes plus cooling
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250g digestives, crushed
- 110g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 100g mascarpone or full-fat cream cheese
- 200ml double cream
- ½ -¾ tsp Dr. Oetker American Peppermint Natural Extract
- 4 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 100g Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips
- 50g Dr. Oetker Dark Chocolate Chips
- 60g pistachios, finely chopped
How To Make:
- Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4.
- Mix the crushed digestives with the melted butter until well coated. Spread over the base and sides of a 20cm deep pie dish in an even layer over the base and 4cm up the sides, press all over to firm up.
- Bake for 15 mins then set aside to cool.
- Beat the ricotta, mascarpone (or cream cheese), 150ml of the cream, peppermint extract and icing sugar until smooth, fold in the milk chocolate chips and half of the pistachios then scrape into the pie dish, spreading into an even layer.
- Put the dark chocolate chips into a small bowl, pour over the remaining 50ml of double cream, put in the microwave for a few seconds, once melted mix until smooth, allow to cool slightly.
- Drizzle the chocolate around the edges of the pie then sprinkle over the remaining pistachios. Leave to set for 30mins before serving.
Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
What do you think of this How to Make A Cannoli Pie post?
Fancy trying this recipe?
You might also like:
Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you again soon.
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below.