Are you looking for a nice and tasty cake recipe to try out?
Lemon and coconut cake anyone?
How sweet is this cake? Delicious.
Perfect for a weekend treat.
How To Make A Lemon And Coconut Cake:
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50-55 minutes
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100ml coconut cream
- 4 medium Waitrose Columbian Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g desiccated coconut
For The Filling:
- 170ml tub essential Waitrose Double Cream
- 60ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Dr Oetker Wafer Daises (optional)
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4. Grease and line the base of two 18cm round sandwich cake tins with baking parchment paper.
2. Place the butter in a large bowl and using an electric whisk, beat together with the sugar and lemon zest until light and pale. Gradually whisk in the coconut cream and eggs adding a little flour to prevent it curdling. Sift in the remaining flour, baking powder and the desiccated coconut and fold until well combined. Divide the mixture equally between the tins, levelling the surfaces. Bake for 25–30 minutes until golden. Cool in the tins for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
3. For the filling, whip the cream to soft peaks with the coconut cream and then swirl through the lemon curd. Sandwich between the cakes, dust with icing sugar and then decorate with the wafer daisies if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of this Lemon And Coconut Cake recipes?
Fancy making one?
As always, join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.
You might also like this: