Lemon Possets with shortbread anyone?
Ultra creamy lemon puddings with sweet, crumbly shortbread cookies – perfect for dipping!
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
How To Make Lemon Possets With Shortbread:
Ingredients For The Lemon Possets:
- 600 g silken tofu
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 120 ml agave nectar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A few fresh raspberries, to serve
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, to serve
For The Shortbread Biscuits:
- 200 g dairy-free butter
- 125 g icing sugar
- 310 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp extract
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk, if needed
How To Make:
For The Lemon Possets:
1. Blend all the ingredients, except the raspberries and icing sugar, together in a food processor until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture equally between 4 glasses and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
3. To serve, top with fresh raspberries, a sprinkling of icing sugar and 2 shortbread biscuits (see recipe below).
For the shortbread biscuits:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix the dairy-free butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the dairy-free milk.
3. If the mixture is too stiff, add the dairy-free milk to help thin it out until you have a soft but firm mixture.
4. Transfer to a piping bag with a large star nozzle. Pipe the mixture into small circular spirals. Starting from the outside, working your way in. Try and keep them all the same size!
5. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
Leave to cool completely.
Recipe and images courtesy of:
Credit: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen Copyright: The Vegan Society, 2018.
What do you think of this Lemon Possets With Shortbread recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like: