Fancy making some tasty Prawn & Kale Paella?
How To Make A Prawn & Kale Paella:
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
You Will Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Leek, chopped (250g)
- 1 red pepper, diced (190g)
- 300g paella rice
- 100ml white wine
- 700ml hot fish stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (25g)
- Large pinch saffron
- 250g bag Kale
- 300g cooked king prawns
- 25g pack parsley, chopped
How To Make:
1. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and fry the leek and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 30 seconds before adding the wine. Cook until it has been absorbed.
2. Mix the stock with the tomato puree.
3. Add the saffron and a little of the stock, cover with a lid and cook gently till nearly all absorbed. Gradually add the stock a little at a time and cook gently, stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook the kale in a large pan of boiling water for 3 minutes and drain well. Mix into the paella with the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Season to taste and stir in the parsley.
Try replacing the prawns for chicken, just thinly slice chicken breasts and fry with the leek and pepper for 4-5 minutes.
Recipe and image courtesy of Discover Great Veg.
What do you think of this Prawn & Kale Paella recipe?
Join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.
You might also like:
Asian Rice Noodle & Cavolo Nero Salad:
Asian Rice Noodle & Cavolo Nero Salad anyone?
Get set for spring and summer dining with this tasty salad recipe.
Perfect for dinner parties and alfresco dining.