Slow Cooked Shoulder Of Lamb With Rosemary Scented Shallots. Are you looking for a Sunday roast recipe to try out over Easter?
Fancy trying this Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb with Rosemary Scented Shallots recipe?
How To Make Slow Cooked Shoulder Of Lamb With Rosemary Scented Shallots:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 4 – 5 hours
- 1 boneless shoulder of lamb
- 1 head of garlic
- ½ bunch of rosemary
- 2 peeled carrots
- 50ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 400g whole round peeled shallots
- 20g tomato puree
- Pinch of flour
- 1 litre of chicken stock
Ask your butcher to take out the bone of the shoulder but give it to you to use in the pan when roasting the shoulder to help make the gravy.
What To Do:
- Go over the joint and remove any large fat deposits or unsightly skin.
- Stab the joint several times over with the tip of a small sharp knife and insert one ½ clove of garlic per incision. Also, stick in a little sprig of rosemary per incision to enhance the flavour.
- Place the shoulder on the lamb bones with the 2 carrots cut just in half, drizzle over the olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven at 160c for 4-5 hours, covering with a sheet of foil for the first 3 hours. With one hour to go, throw in the peeled shallots and remove the foil.
- When the lamb is cooked and the shallots are also cooked, remove everything from the tray and allow to rest somewhere warm.
- Add the tomato puree and flour to the cooking tray and place back on the stove to cook slightly. Then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Strain through a very fine sieve into a clean pan and bring back to the boil, season if required.
- Carve the lamb onto a warm serving dish, place the shallots around and put the gravy into a sauce boat.
- Serve with green vegetables and some potatoes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of UK Shallot.
What do you think of this Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb with Rosemary Scented Shallots recipe for Easter?
Fancy making this?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below.
You might also like these dinner ideas: