Thai Prawn And Pineapple Curry. Pineapple: The Comeback Kid!
Millennials are always on the hunt for the next food trend and recent findings reveal avocados are out and pineapples are in.
According to Tesco, demand for pineapple is accelerating, with sales increasing by around 15% in the last year. In fact, pineapples are now the fastest growing fruit in the UK and it’s no wonder pineapples are proving so popular.
They are delicious, full of nutrients and odds are, you already have them in your cupboard. Not only is canned pineapple good for your wallet but it’s good for your health and packs a punch in flavour!
Today I have a tasty Thai Prawn And Pineapple Curry recipe to share with you.
How To Make Thai Prawn And Pineapple Curry:
- One fresh Del Monte Gold® Pineapple or 1 can of Pineapple chunks in Juice or 1 can of Pineapple crush in Juice
- • 2 Tbsp of Del Monte Chopped Tomatoes or 20 ml of Passata
- 2 tbsp of red curry paste
- 2 cups (475 ml) of coconut milk
- 2 cups (330g) of Pineapple chunks/tidbits
- 4 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp of palm sugar
- 1 tsp of lime juice
- 16 prawns, peeled and heads removed
- 1 tbsp of Thai Chili pepper
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of garlic finely chopped
1. In a wok, add a bit of oil and saute the garlic with the basil leaves for a few minutes, until the aroma is fully developed, then reserve on the side.
2. Cook briefly the curry paste in the wok then add half the coconut milk, the fish sauce, tomatoes, pineapple, lime juice and sugar. Stir until fully combined.
3. Add the prawns in the preparation and cook until they turn pink and opaque. To finish, add the remaining coconut milk, the thai chile and the sauted garlic and basil into the wok.
4. Serve with Jasmine rice.
Recipe courtesy of :
For more recipe inspiration, please visit Del Monte Europe.
6 Easy Ways To Use Pineapple:
1. In your smoothie – add pineapple to a smoothie to boost your morning mood.
2. On your toast – who says avocado is the only toast topping? Try pineapple and gorgonzola.
3. In your curry – prawn and pineapple curry? Sweet and sour chicken? Dreamy.!
4. As dessert –Caramelized pineapple?
5. As a pizza topping – Controversial but sooo right!
6. For the BBQ – Mixed into burgers, added on kebab skewers or crushed into a side salsa for a tropical take on your spring and summer spread.