Another snow day here.
With the cold weather this week and more to come, today I thought I would share this Spiced Almond Milk Hot Chocolate recipe from The Paleo Foods Co with you.
Hot Chocolate – TOM HANKS
Ooh, we got it!
Hey, we got it!
Say, we got it!
Here, we’ve only got one rule:
Never ever let it cool!
Keep it cookin in the pot,
Hot choc-o-lat !♯ ♭
The Paleo Foods Co. Spiced Almond Milk Hot Chocolate:
(Vegan, dairy free, gluten-free).
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa or cacao powder
- 250ml of Paleo Foods Co 9% Almond Drink
- 2 tablespoons of date nectar (or coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 small pinch of clove
- 1 small pinch of ground chilli or cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- Cocoa powder for dusting
How To Make:
- In a medium pot over a low heat, whisk together almond milk, cocoa powder and date nectar.
- Then add the spice mix of cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, clove and chilli (optional).
- Bring to a low simmer.
- Add a small amount of water as desired if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed, adding more date nectar for increased sweetness or chilli for added kick!
- Divide between 2 mugs and dust with grated nutmeg and a sprinkling of cocoa powder
- Enjoy right away!
Recipe and image courtesy of The Paleo Foods Co.
What do you think of this Spiced Almond Milk Hot Chocolate recipe?
Fancy making some?
Join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comment box below.
You might also like:
Gingerbread Latte Dairy And Gluten Free:
Create a seasonal coffee delight in the comfort of your own home.