What a miserable week! The children are off school, Husband off work and all week it has been foggy, dark and raining. I think Spring!
Is it miserable weather where you live too?
If so, fancy brightening up your day with this fruity breakfast?
Fancy making some BerryWorld strawberry scotch pancakes for breakfast?
Light, fluffy and bursting with the goodness of strawberries these pancakes make a perfect breakfast treat.
A perfect Spring breakfast recipe.
How To Make BerryWorld Strawberry Scotch Pancakes:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30minutes
- 60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4tsp sugar
- 16 Viva Strawberries, sliced
- 200g flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 200g mascarpone
What To Do:
1. Beat together the butter, cinnamon and sugar. Dollop it into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat. When the butter starts to froth add the strawberries, toss well in the butter and turn off the heat.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg, and milk until smooth. Heat a heavy-based, non-stick frying pan or bake stone and grease with a little oil. Pour small amounts of batter into the frying pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake), once the top has bubbled and dried flip the pancake and cook the other side till golden. Keep warm whilst you make the rest of the batter
3. Reheat the strawberries gently while you arrange the pancakes. Place a pancake on each serving plate and spread with mascarpone then arrange some sliced strawberries on top. Repeat this layering until all the pancakes are used up. Top the stack with any remaining strawberry slices and drizzle over the melted cinnamon butter.
*Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld*
What do you think of these BerryWorld Strawberry Scotch Pancakes?
Fancy making some?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below.