Le Rustique Camembert Quesadillas anyone?
Everybody loves Mexican Quesadillas, but our twist on this classic offers foodies something unique.
Deliciously creamy Le Rustique Camembert combined with a herby tomato salsa, creates a mouthful of melted gooey Mexican goodness.
How To Make Le Rustique Camembert Quesadillas:
Makes: Four as a starter or snack
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 3 salad tomatoes, sliced and diced
- 300g cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 green, yellow or orange heritage tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp curly parsley
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 400g black beans, cooked and drained
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 large fajitas
- 200g cooked spinach
- 1 ripe Le Rustique Camembert 250g, sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Make the salsa by mixing the tomatoes, oil and herbs in a bowl.
- Season to taste and set aside.
* TIP: cut the tomatoes in different ways (sliced, diced and wedges etc) to add some texture to the salsa
- In a saucepan sweat down the shallots and garlic.
- Add in the black beans and spices and cook for 10–15 minutes until the beans have softened. Mash the beans slightly.
- Place the fajitas on the work surface and cover half of each with the bean mix.
- Layer on the spinach, salsa and sliced Le Rustique Camembert, season well and fold the fajita over to close it.
- Gently brush the outside of the fajitas with oil.
- In a large dry frying pan, place the fajita and cook until brown. Flip and cook the other side until brown and crispy.
- When hot, cut into pieces and serve on a lovely wooden board with a stack of napkins!
Recipe created by Alex Head at Social Pantry.
Recipe and image courtesy of LeRustique.
What do you think of this Le Rustique Camembert Quesadillas recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Le Rustique Camembert, Fig and Basil Sourdough Toastie: