Are you looking for a recipe to make up over the weekend?
Planning any baking?
BerryWorld Blueberry and Lemon Curd Muffins anyone?
These delicious tangy muffins with a crunchy topping are just bursting with blueberries, best served warm and fresh from the oven. Easy and quick to make they are perfect for a breakfast or a teatime treat.
BerryWorld Blueberry and Lemon Curd Muffin:
Makes: approx 10
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g butter
- 200g blueberries
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 free range eggs
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 10 tsp lemon curd
- 6 tsps demerara sugar
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/gas 6.
2. Line a deep muffin tin with paper cases.
3. Place the butter in a small pan and melt, allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Wash the blueberries and pat dry, toss in a little flour.
5. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar, blueberries and lemon zest.
6. Beat the eggs, add the milk and melted butter, mix together and pour into the flour mixture. Mix together quickly and lightly, the mixture should still look a bit lumpy.
7. Divide between the muffin cases, make a little indent and place a teaspoon of lemon curd on the top of each one, sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
8. Bake for approx 20 mins until risen and golden. Cool for at least a few minutes before enjoying.
*Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld*
What do you think of this BerryWorld Blueberry and Lemon Curd Muffins recipe?
Fancy trying some this weekend?
As always, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Looking for any more berry recipes?
How about making one of these Blackberry Almond Tart?