Happy Easter Sunday. Slow-roast lamb with garlic, honey And cumin anyone?
How To Make Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey & Cumin:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp coarse crystal sea salt
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.9kg Welsh half leg of lamb
- 100ml white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Crush the garlic cloves with the salt in a pestle and mortar or small food processor, adding the rosemary, honey and cumin. Stir in the olive oil to make a thick paste. Rub the garlic mixture over the skin of the lamb and place in a cast iron casserole or deep roasting tin.
2. Roast the lamb for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C, gas mark 3. Mix 100ml water with the white wine and pour around the lamb. Cover the pan with a lid or foil. Cook for a further 2-2½ hours until the meat is tender and the garlic crust is golden.
3. Transfer the lamb to a dish and leave to rest for 20 minutes in a warm place. Bring the pan juices to the boil and simmer fast for 8-10 minutes until syrupy, then season and serve with the sliced lamb.
What do you think of this Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey & Cumin recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Roast Pork With Perfect Crackling And Apple Sauce:
Roast pork with perfect crackling and apple sauce anyone?
Roast Rack Of Pork:
Are you looking for a nice and tasty Sunday roast idea?
Or for a treat afterwards: