Champagne and Raspberry Possets with shortbread Anyone? Yummy!
How To Make Champagne and Raspberry Possets with shortbread:
For the Possets:
- 140g frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tbsps Champagne
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tbsps golden caster sugar
- Freeze dried raspberries, to decorate
For the shortbread biscuits:
- 200g butter or margarine (can be dairy-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- Munchy Seeds Mix (Honey Seeds, Super Berry, Choccy Apricot)
How To Make:
1. Put the raspberries and Champagne in a mini food processor or blender and whizz until the purée is as smooth as you can get it, then use a wooden spoon or spatula to push as much of it through a sieve as you can. Discard the seeds left behind.
2. Put the cream and sugar in a saucepan and warm gently until the sugar melts. Increase the heat until just boiling, then boil vigorously for 2½ minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and mix in the raspberry-Champagne purée. Cool for 15 mins before dividing between 2 small pots or glasses.
3. Chill for 30 mins, then sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberry pieces and chill for at least 2 hours or more until set.
4. To make the shortbread, cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Stir in the flour and Munchy Seeds and blend into the dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C(fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Once the dough is chilled, roll out to approximately ½cm thick and cut into hearts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
7. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 12–15 minutes until golden brown.
8. To serve, remove the possets from the fridge and serve with the heart-shaped shortbread biscuits.
Recipe and image courtesy of Munchy Seeds
What do you think of this Champagne And Raspberry Possets With Shortbread recipe?
Fancy making some?
You might also like this post: