Happy Tuesday. Brr, it is so cold around here!!! Rhubarb & orange polenta cake anyone?
How To Make A Rhubarb & Orange Polenta Cake:
- Gluten Free
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:1 hour – 1 hour 15 mins
Serves: 8 – 10
- 150g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 3 Waitrose British Blacktail Medium Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 150g polenta
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 75g ground almonds
- 400g forced rhubarb, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Butter and line a 20cm-deep, loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Cream the butter until soft, then beat in the caster sugar and orange zest, and continue beating until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Fold in the polenta, baking powder and ground almonds to give a soft mixture that drops easily off a wooden spoon.
- Spoon half the mixture over the base of the cake tin.
- Arrange the rhubarb over the cake base, then drop the rest of the mixture over the top, leaving some gaps.
- Bake for 1-1¼ hours until well risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre emerges clean and dry.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
What do you think of this How To Make A Rhubarb & Orange Polenta Cake recipe? Do you fancy adding it your thing’s to bake list? Let us know if you make one.
You might also like these other rhubarb ideas:
Sunday treat: How To Bake A Rhubarb, Almond & Vanilla Galette.
Not one but 9 rhubarb ideas: 9 Rhubarb Recipes To Try Out This Spring.
Fancy making your own rhubarb jam? How To Make Rhubarb & Vanilla Jam.
Join the conversation and share your thoughts below.