How To Make A Simple Shallot Satay Sauce.
The weather has been beautiful around here all weekend again. It has been lovely. I could get used to this!
It has me thinking of afternoon tea in the garden and planning the perfect picnic foods.
National Picnic Week takes place 15-24th June 2018 across the UK, so grab your blankets and baskets out of the cupboards and race out into great outdoors.
Picnics needn’t mean soggy sandwiches! How about making a Simple Shallot Satay Sauce?
Everyone loves a good dip! And this super simple shallot satay sauce is the perfect go-to dip for chicken skewers, crudités or crisps.
This super simple shallot satay sauce is the perfect go-to dip for chicken skewers, vegetable tempura or as a dressing for noodles. We use tikka masala paste, but any ready-made curry paste would work just as well.
How To Make A Simple Shallot Satay Sauce:
Serves: 8 as a dip
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp curry paste
- 3tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 160g coconut cream
- Juice of a lime
What To Do:
- Heat the oil in a small pan and gently cook the shallots for 3-5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Stir in the curry paste then the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes until the sauce has thickened then whizz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Use as a dip for chicken skewers, vegetable tempura or as a dressing for noodles.
Note: I used Tikka Masala paste, use whatever paste is your favourite.
Recipe courtesy of UK Shallot.
What do you think of this How To Make A Simple Shallot Satay Sauce recipe?
Fancy making some?
Dips are perfect for all kinds of foods, especially salads and chicken on sticks, don’t you think?
You might also like:
National Picnic Week: 15-24th June 2018 across the UK.
Love pizza and Shallots? You might like this recipe: How To Make Shallot, Cherry Tomato and Mascarpone Pizza.