Hello friends, Happy Tuesday.
This week I’ve teamed up with Arla Organic Free Range Milk. Arla is very proud of its Organic Milk and asked me to explore the benefits of switching milk seeing how it can fit into my daily routine.
Arla Organic Free Range milk is sourced from British farms, where all cows are Free Range, grazed outside on 100% organically farmed land whenever possible. Not a chemical or a pesticide in sight.
One of the things we have promoted to our four children over the last 24 years is to eat and drink healthily. Especially since my youngest Daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.
We avoid processed foods and eat fresh produce whenever possible. Strangely we had never tried Organic milk so we were very excited to give it a try.
I am a big fan of milk consuming a pint or two each day. I try to stick to semi-skimmed milk but love nothing more than whole milk on my morning bowl of cereal. As a family, we get through about 2 or 3 litres of milk every day. I love it in tea, on my cereals and in a nice cappuccino or 2 throughout the day. Not to mention now I am on a new health kick in my afternoon protein shakes.
The kids love their cereal and like me as a child they love a large glass of milk with a homemade cookie. The Husband? He only has milk when he can drink it from the carton, finishing it off. He has no culture!!
I thought my life was busy but as the Sun rises and sets, the farmer-owners on Arla’s 89 Organic farms remain devoted to creating high-quality milk for you and your family, every day. Their Free Range cows are free to graze on 100% organic grass wherever possible.
Arla’s 89 British Organic farmers are proud of their milk. Choosing organic milk guarantees no artificial fertilisers or herbicides are used on the land. The organic farmers don’t believe in intervention with nature.
They believe in high animal welfare standards and sustainable farming. When you choose organic milk you are choosing a guarantee of high natural quality and excellent animal welfare standards..
Whether you prefer creamy whole or delicious semi-skimmed, you know by choosing Arla Organic milk, you’re also supporting the farmers that own the Arla business, as all the profits go straight back into the farmer’s pockets who put their care into making this nutritious and delicious milk.
A 200ml glass of semi-skimmed milk provides:
* 31% of our recommended daily calcium (for maintenance of normal bones and teeth, supporting muscle and nerve function, normal blood clotting)
* 74% of our recommended daily Vitamin B12 (helps us feel less tired, benefits our immune system, contributes to the release of energy from food)
* 41% of our recommended daily iodine (contributes to the production of thyroid hormones and thyroid function)
* 35% of our recommended daily Riboflavin (helps us make the most of the energy we get from our food, is also good for our skin) * 23% of our recommended daily Vitamin B5 (contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue)
* 28% of our recommended daily phosphorus (contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth)
* 14% of our recommended daily protein (contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and muscle and growth in muscle mass)
* Arla Organic Milk is available as whole milk or semi-skimmed in 2l bottles, RRP £1.75
Strawberry, Banana & Peanut Butter Milkshake:
- 200ml semi Skimmed Arla Organic milk
- 200g Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Large Banana
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
How To Make:
1. Peel, chop the banana and pop all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve straightaway. Enjoy.
Check out these other smoothie ideas you could make up with Arla’s Organic Milk.
Do you like to use lots of milk in your drinks and food each day?
Do you prefer whole milk, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk?
Have you tried Arla Organic Milk before?
Here I am sharing a day in the life:
So will we be switching to Arla Organic in the future? Read on…
I thought all milk was the same to be honest, little did I know! What was interesting when researching for this blog post is that by switching to Organic I am not only supporting hard-working farmers, I am also ensuring the best welfare for the Cows themselves. Result. I also like the fact that I know my family are getting the best milk possible.
Maybe it was psychological? However, everyone commented on the tasty milk too. Giving it a big thumbs up. The Hubby didn’t even know I was doing the post and he had more than is the usual end of carton drink. He actually asked if we have any more of that tasty milk from yesterday left. Even having it in a glass. I may make him cultured yet!!
In the future then Arla will have a place in our fridge. Let me know if it will find a place in yours too.
About this post: This is a commisioned post for Organic Free Range Milk. As always, all thoughts are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands I work with.