Love watercress and avocados in your salad?
Fancy making a tasty Watercress and Avocado Salad with Bacon and Apple?
How To Make A Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Bramley apple, cored and diced
- 2 x 85g bag watercress
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone, then peel and slice lengthways.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, créme fraîche, honey, mustard and vinegar.
- Place the bacon and apple in a frying pan and fry until the bacon is brown and crispy about 5 minutes.
- Add the watercress to a large bowl and sprinkle over the fried bacon and apple.
- Lay the sliced avocado over the top of the salad before drizzling with the mayonnaise dressing. Simple!
What do you think of this Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple recipe?
Fancy trying it?
As always, we would love to hear your thoughts.
You might also like:
These recipes were created by development chef Keri Astill-Frew. Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex. She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet. For more information and many more recipes please visit The Watercress Company or Watercress.
Recipe Photography Credits: Lara Jane Thorpe