BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping. Hello friends. Do you have the children off school for Summer and are looking for something to bake with them?
Fancy making some of these yummy BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping?
These fun muffins are a sweet treat for kids of all ages.
How To Make BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What You Need:
For the Jam:
- 300g red gooseberries
- 150g sugar
- ½ lemon, juice only
For The Cakes:
- 120g butter, at room temperature
- 120g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
For The Fluff:
- 2 egg whites
- 2tbsp sugar
What To Do:
- Firstly, make the jam. Put all of the ingredients in a jam pan or large, heavy-based saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the jam holds its shape when you drizzle a little on a cold plate.
- While the jam is bubbling, make the muffins. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line a muffin tray with paper cake cases.
- Beat all of the cake ingredients together in a bowl until you have a smooth batter. Spoon into that cake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes until the sponge is springy when you gently press it.
- When the cake is almost done whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until fluffy and voluminous, slowly sprinkle in the sugar as you whisk and the mixture will become shiny and smooth.
- Once the cake is done bring the tray out and turn the oven up to 220C/200C fan. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of jam onto the top of each cake then either spoon or pipe some fluff on top. Return to the oven for 4-5 minutes so the fluff browns a little.
Note: Any remaining jam can be kept in a sterilised jar.
What do you think of these BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping?
Do you fancy making some?
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below.
You Might Also Like: