Hello friends. Fancy making some Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip?
Make this classic fast-food starter healthier at home.
Make sure you have plenty of celery and little gem lettuce wedges to hand to scoop up the last drops of the delicious dip.
How To Make Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip?
Serves: 3-4 as a starter
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For The Chicken:
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 10 chicken wings
For The Dip:
- 5 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 100g sour cream
- 100g crème fraîche
- 75g mild blue cheese
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Extra celery sticks and little gem leaves cut in half vertically
What To Do:
- Combine all of the chicken sauce ingredients in a small pan and bubble for a few minutes until it becomes thick. Put the chicken wings into a dish and pour the sauce over, toss well so the chicken is completely coated.
- Cook on the BBQ for 20-25 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes during cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking whizz together all of the dip ingredients in a blender until combined but not completely smooth. Taste and season. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a serving platter with a bowl of blue cheese sauce and some celery sticks and Little Gem wedges for dipping.
What do you think of this Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip recipe?
Fancy making some?
Recipe c/o Love The Crunch.
You might also like these recipes: