Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint And Mozzarella Bruschetta. Happy Friday friends. Hope you have had a lovely week? Are you all ready for the weekend?
Lunchbox recipe anyone?
Forget soggy sandwiches and banish dull lunchtimes with this lunch on the go idea. Easy, quick and inspiring ways you can to reclaim your lunch hour, our salads, sarnies & snacks are all portable, delicious & filling.
Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint and Mozzarella Bruschetta- This asparagus bruschetta is a great way to get in two of your five a day, with fresh green veg and creamy cheese our bruschetta recipe is a winner!
How To Make Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint And Mozzarella Bruschetta:
Makes 4, Serves 4 as a starter or snack
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 300g podded and shelled broad beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus an extra drizzle at the end
- 1 lemon, juiced
- A handful mint leaves, saving a few small ones back to garnish
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 100g British asparagus, cut in half lengthways
- 4 slices rustic white bread, such as sourdough
- 1 garlic clove, peeled but left whole
- 1 small ball (approx.150g) of buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
What To Do:
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again, then peel from their skins.
- Use the back of a fork to roughly crush the beans with the olive oil and lemon juice, then stir through the mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the British asparagus in boiled salted water for 1 to 2 minutes and drain under cold water too.
- Heat a griddle pan, toast the bread on both sides, then rub with the garlic clove. Spoon some of the beans over each slice of bread, scatter over the British asparagus, mint and mozzarella and drizzle with more olive oil to serve.
What do you think of this Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint And Mozzarella Bruschetta recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Recipe and image courtesy of British Asparagus.
You Might Also Like: