BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts. Hello friends, fancy making some of these sweet BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts?
This twist on a classic recipe makes a delightful seasonal change.
How To Make BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
What You Need:
For The Jam:
- 300g red gooseberries plus 12 for decoration
- 150g sugar
- ½ lemon, juice only
For The Tarts:
- 1 pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 120g butter
- 120g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g ground almonds
- 5 heaped tbsp icing sugar
What To Do:
- Firstly, make the jam. Put all of the ingredients in a jam pan or large, heavy-based saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the jam holds its shape when you drizzle a little on a cold plate.
- Meanwhile, make the tarts, heat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Lay the pastry on the work surface, keeping it on the backing paper, and roll out a little until it’s approximately 3mm thick. Use a 9cm pastry cutter to cut 12 disks and place them into the holes of a muffin tin and chill for 10 minutes.
- When chilled place a paper cake case inside each one and fill with baking beans then bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cases and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Next, make the frangipane. Whisk the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs then gently fold in the almonds to create a smooth batter.
- Spoon 2tsp of jam into each pastry case then top with frangipane batter. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack. When the tarts are cool, mix the icing sugar with 1-2tsp water to make a thick paste. Spread the icing over the tarts and top with an extra gooseberry.
Note: When cutting out the pastry, cut the disks very close together otherwise you won’t get 12 out of the sheet. If you don’t quite make 12, gather up the remaining pastry, re-roll and cut any remaining disks you need. Any remaining jam can be kept in a sterilised jar.
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts.
What do you think of these BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts?
Fancy making some?
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts
You might also like:
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Muffins With Marshmallow Topping.
BerryWorld Infused Gins: Pretty Colour And Taste Delicious Too.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook