How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos. Hello friends. If you’re trying to take your sugar intake down a notch, try out these banana nice-cream Cornettos. Made with fresh bananas and peanut butter, each cone provides one of your five-a-day (yes really!), along with B vitamins and heart-healthy fats.
How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos:
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 4 waffle cones
- 30g dark chocolate
- 30g chopped nuts
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
How To Make:
1. Peel and chop the bananas and place them in a tub or freezer bag and freeze until solid.
2. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave (if using a microwave be careful it doesn’t burn – do short 10 second bursts then stir in-between until melted)
3. Cover a baking tray with parchment. Place the chopped nuts on a small plate. Carefully dip each waffle cone in the chocolate so you get a circular rim of chocolate around the top of the cone, and then dip into the nuts to coat the chocolate. Place each cone top down on the baking parchment to set
4. Once the bananas are frozen, tip into a food processor with the peanut butter and blend until you have a smooth creamy consistency. This will take a few minutes and you’ll need to scrape down the sides, but slowly you’ll see the bananas churn into a soft serve ice-cream consistency. Using a spatula, load the banana ‘ice-cream’ evenly between the four cones and top with a few extra crushed nuts before serving
Nutritional information: Kcal 259, Protein 6g, Carbs 41g, Fat 9g, Fibre 4
What do you think of these Banana Nut Cornettos?
Fancy making some?
Have you joined us this week for the Creative Mondays Link Up?