Muffin Tin Frittatas With Shallots, Roast New Potatoes, Ham And Peas. How tasty!?
Muffin tin frittatas with shallots, roast new potatoes, ham and peas- These individual frittatas are great served alfresco as a part of a picnic or packed into a lunchbox on a work day.
How To Make Muffin Tin Frittatas With Shallots, Roast New Potatoes, Ham And Peas:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 150g baby new potatoes, quartered
- 3 shallots, sliced into chunky rings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of dried herbs
- 5 eggs
- 30g freshly grated parmesan
- a handful of frozen peas
- a couple of slices of ham, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
You will also need a 6 hole muffin tin.
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Tip the potatoes and shallots into a small roasting tin. Sprinkle over the herbs and season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle over half the olive oil, tossing to cover the potatoes and slide into the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until they are just cooked through.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a jug then stir through two-thirds of the parmesan and set aside.
- A few minutes before the potato and shallot are due out the oven, drizzle the rest of the olive oil into the holes of the muffin tin and brush well all over. Slide into the oven to heat up.
- Remove the hot tin and the roasted potatoes and shallots from the oven. Quickly pour the egg mixture into the holes of the muffin tin, whilst the oil is still hot (this will help prevent sticking). Then divide the roast vegetables evenly between, spooning them in gently.
- Finally gently scatter over the peas and ham, so the egg doesn’t spill out, they will be quite full. Sprinkle over the reserved parmesan.
- Slide the tin into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes until the egg has just set.
- When removed from the oven allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes or so, then slide a knife around to release.
- Serve warm or leave to cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge.
What do you think of these Muffin Tin Frittatas With Shallots, Roast New Potatoes, Ham And Peas?
Fancy making some?
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot.
You might also like: